© St John’s ARC 2017 Registered Charity No. 291079                                                                                                                                   Privacy Policy


St John’s ARC Call us on 01279 442447 Community Arts and Recreation Centre in Old Harlow Home St John’s Walk, Market Street, Old Harlow, Essex CM17 0AJ

As the name suggests, at the ARC we are passionate about the arts, whether performing or visual.

 See the latest exhibitions page here


As well as our programme of temporary exhibitions we are most fortunate in having several pieces of sculpture featured in the Harlow Sculpture map sited at the ARC.


Help

by F.E. McWilliam

1977


Help was commissioned by the Harlow Art Trust.


This represents two women from the Northern Ireland Peace Movement. It was unveiled by Sir Hugh Casson, President of the Royal Academy of Arts.

Chorus

by Lee Grandjean

1990.


Chorus was sited to celebrate the anniversary of Harlow Chorus.


Grandjean was born in London in 1949. He lived in Harlow from the age of twelve and was one of the first pupils at Burnt Mill School.


Wrestlers

by Sally Doig

1957


Previously sited at Harlow Sports Centre.


Wrestlers was commissioned by Harlow Art Trust when Doig was a student at Camberwell School of Arts and Crafts.


Planty Reliefs by Robert Koenig.


Purchased by the ARC in 2009 for the new entrance area.

We are the music makers

by Angela Godfrey 2006.

In memory of Ron & Peggy Richardson, commissioned by Harlow Chorus to mark 20 years at the ARC.

To find out more about the Harlow Sculpture Trail

click here